I am sharing an old cookie recipe from my mom that I have tweaked for Gluten Free Date Filled Cookies. We love dates and she made lots of yummy things with dates. If you love dates, you will love these cookies.
Gluten Free Date Filled Cookies
- 8 oz chopped dates I like to use Medjool
- 3/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 3/4 cup water
Have on Hand
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups natural brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cook the ingredients for the filling in a small kettle on the stove until thick, set aside
- Mix liquid ingredients until smooth with blender then add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Drop 1 Tbsp cookie dough onto cookie sheet, flatten; then place 1 tsp cooked date filling on the cookie dough; top the date filling with another 1 Tbsp of cookie dough that you flattened in the palm of your hand and press edges together with a fork. Repeat for each cookie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for wonderful Gluten Free Date Filled Cookies!