There’s nothing more comforting on a chilly night than a nice, hot bowl of chili. This vegan Chili is a perfect go-to meal. It’s easy to make, delicious and loaded with protein and nutrients.
This simple Vegan Chili recipe uses just a few ingredients, but packs a serious flavor punch. Although you can pull this dish off in under an hour, the longer it cooks the better it tastes. The leftovers the next day are even better!
As you can see, with just a few ingredients you can create a hot, comforting bowl of chili. What’s your go-to cool weather comfort food?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Serrano pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce cans kidney beans or beans of your choosing
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat
- Add Serrano, onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until onion is soft, about 8-10 minutes
- Add chili powder, cumin, crushed tomatoes, and beans to pot, stirring to combine
- Lower heat and cover
- Simmer, covered for at least 40 minutes, and up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Uncover for the last 10-15 minutes