Are you looking for a healthy summer treat for your kids? Check out our recipe for Banana Berry Granola Frozen Treats! This recipe has only fruit and granola! It’s a very healthy, nourishing summer treat. We used blackberries and blueberries but can you imagine how good it will taste with strawberries and or raspberries? The sky is the limit with what you can dream up to use.
Banana Berry Granola Frozen Treats
A photo pictorial follows on how to put these delicious treats together:
Recipe for Banana Berry Granola Frozen Treats:
Banana berry granola frozen treats
- 2 very ripe bananas peeled, cut into pieces and frozen overnight
- ¼ cup granola smaller pieces will likely work best
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh berries we used blueberries and blackberries
- Silicone popsicle mold
- Blend the frozen bananas until smooth, you’ll want the blended bananas to soften a bit since they were frozen, so the blended bananas will be thin enough to pour down through the berries and granola.
- Place some berries in each popsicle mold along with some granola. Just use as much or little as you prefer, making sure there is room for the stick!
- Pour in the blended bananas and then put a few more berries and pieces of granola on the back side as well.
- Give the silicone mold a few gentile taps on the counter (like you would a cake pan) to help get the air bubbles out.
- Freeze until solid, these took about 4 hours and held together nicely without excessive melting.