Do you make your own nut milk, like almond or cashew? See the step-by-step process for making your own nut milk. The only problem is, when you’re done, you’re probably left with a significant amount of pulp at the end of the process that just goes to waste. After making some almond milk a few days ago, I resolved to find a good use for that pulp, which is still full of fiber and protein. I decided to use it to make No-Bake Almond Cookies! These Almond Cookies are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free and make a great snack for kids!
Ingredients for No-Bake Almond Cookies Recipe:
No-Bake Almond Cookies Recipe, Dairy Free Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk pulp what is left over after you strain all the milk out from 1 batch of nut milk
- 2 dates chopped
- 1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend up all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or melon baller), scoop the "dough" into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 140°F for 4-5 hours, checking occasionally. Flip them over halfway through so both sides dry out.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy! These Almond Cookies are full of fiber, protein, and good fats. It's easy to pop a few on the run for a quick burst of healthy energy.