Now that spring is finally emerging I’m thinking Salads. I’ve been in the mood for lighter meals than the heavier cold-weather pot roasts and hearty sandwiches I have been eating. But this is not your ordinary Salad Fare. Savory, full of healthy fats, and packed with nutrients, Avocado Corn Salad is dressed with a tangy lime vinaigrette that perks me right up instead of leaving me feeling sluggish after lunch.
The recipe here is perfect on it’s own, but you could also serve it on a bed of spring mix, wrapped in a pita, or even on a pizza crust! I love it for lunch, but it’s also a go-to dish whenever I have to bring something to a summer cook-out.
Plus, it’s super-simple to throw together.
Avocado Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Avocado Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette is Vegan and Gluten Free. A tangy summer salad.
- For the Salad:
- 2 whole avocados ripe but not overripe, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes. cut them in half
- 2 ears corn removed from the cob (or if you don't have any, you can use 1 can of corn)
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil or other vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Here's what you'll do:
- Make sure the tomatoes and avocado are cut into bite size pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, avocados, and corn.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lime, and spices.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mix and refrigerate at least an hour.
- When you serve it, everything will be beautifully marinated and delicious!
Calories: 1924kcal | Carbohydrates: 104g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 171g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 4678mg | Fiber: 41g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 8935IU | Vitamin C: 183.8mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 6.3mg