OH do I love pies and turnovers, and I have a great recipe for a Green Apple Turnover for you! Yes it’s Gluten Free, doesn’t it look mouth watering and tender?
Green Apple Turnover
Gluten-free & Dairy-free
Since I have found that Bob’s Red Mill is making a Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix, my baking has gotten so much easier! I love this mix and it makes wonderful pies and crusts.
Green Apple Turnover Gluten-free Dairy-free
- 1 Bag Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 12 Tbsp COLD Butter alternative
- 8 Tbsp COLD shortening
- 1 TBS Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 4 Granny Smith Apples Shredded
- Wholesome Organic Powdered Confectioners’ Sugar
- -Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- -Prepare pie crust according to package directions.
- -Mix filling ingredients in a bowl, let set for 10 minutes and then drain*
- (You can save juice for use with other recipes such as oatmeal for breakfast. In fact, any of your leftover filling can be added in oatmeal for your breakfast)
- *While the apple mixture is draining, roll out your dough. Cut into squares using a pizza cutter or a knife. You can also roll out perfect squares using parchment paper as a package. Place squares of dough on parchment paper on the baking pan.
- -Put filling in middle of each square. Fold over carefully sealing by pressing with the tines of a fork. If there is any breakage don’t panic, just use some left over dough to patch the holes. The dough is very delicate but pliable.
- -Bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown. Do not overcook.
- -Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, right on the pan. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon on top or a dollop of dairy free ice cream! Enjoy.