Going dairy free doesn’t mean you have to give up Loaded Creamy Potato Skins! This recipe calls for using one variety of potatoes but you can mix and match and it works just as well. And the best part is you can sneak in cauliflower blended with the baked potatoes for the stuffing! Enjoy these healthy plant based Potato Skins as an appetizer or a side dish! YUM!
Veggie Loaded Creamy Potato Skins (Dairy Free)
These are spectacular on their own, or you can add a dollop of dairy free plain yogurt or dairy free sour cream to top them off. Kite hill is a very good brand of 100% plant based dairy free products that are available at Whole Foods and Wegmans. So when I travel I like to use brands I cannot get here in Alaska. But any dairy free products like Daiya or Tofutti could be used. Check out your local natural foods or whole foods stores and see what they have.
Recipe for Veggie Loaded Creamy Potato Skins (Dairy Free):
Veggie loaded creamy potato skins DairyFree
- 5 pounds of smaller organic potatoes scrubbed and cut in half the long way
- ½ to 1 cup chopped cooked, crispy beef bacon optional
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped, roasted or steamed until fully cooked salt and pepper to taste
- olive or avocado oil for roasting
- Thoroughly wash the vegetables, then roast the potato halves, cut side down in oil and seasonings, at 425 degrees until cooked through and they have a crisp edge and cut side.
- Using a liberal amount of oil on the pan will help them brown and not stick.
- Roast or steam the cauliflower and then blend the cauliflower completely to create a super light and fluffy puree.
- Allow the potatoes to cool enough to handle them before carefully scooping out the insides, trying to leave the crisp edges and skins intact.
- Mix the potato filling and cauliflower puree together!
- Taste the potato & cauliflower mixture - Sprinkle in any more seasoning desired and then scoop the filling back into the potato skins.
- Top the filled potatoes with the crumbled bacon- optional
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes or until hot and the bacon sizzles a little.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy free sour cream.
Lori Padgett says
Oh, these look yummy!!!
Tamra Phelps says
These look good to me! And I’m likely to include the bacon, lol. I mean, it’s bacon, come on…I gotta have bacon.
I know for those who love Bacon these are great. For those who want to go meatless can either leave it off or put veggie bacon on it.
Tina Louise says
This sounds like a great way to make skins thanks
Tina they are yummy and if you want to go meatless just leave off the bacon and sub chives!!
These look amazing. I will be trying this soon!
Great! Glad you like the recipe.
Very interesting! I have definitely never thought about loading potato skins with veggies before, but it sounds delicious! I would try it and most likely love it! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Your welcome! We love potatoes tis way 🙂