These are really simple berry tarts that you will love. You can choose any fruit or berries you like, we used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. You just need some little tart pans and gluten free pie dough or puff pastry (but puff pastry isn’t gluten free).
Some other fun fruits to try would be kiwi, blackberries, tayberries, peaches, pears or apricots. What is your favorite fruit to use for Crumbles or Crisps? Let me know in the comments.
Check out the recipe after these photos an enjoy.
Recipe for Triple Berry Tart Crumble:
Triple Berry Tart Crumble
- 1 large piece of thawed puff pastry or gluten free pie dough
- 3 cups mixed fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries that are washed and dried.
Yummy oat crumble topping:
- ½ stick room temp butter alternative I use earth balance
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until it looks like the pastry is cooked through and golden brown.
- Allow the tarts to cool in the pans for about 20 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, use a fork to mix together the crumble topping.
- Combine until you have chunks of the crumble that stick together with the butter.
- Bake this crumble on a sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and just starting to harden on the top, set aside.
- Top the tarts with baked crumble at any point during the cooling process.
- The longer you allow the tarts to cool before cutting, the thicker the berry sauce will be.