I don’t know about you but I love Asian cooking! This recipe for a Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry is so tasty! We love the tofu with the sauce so much! You could add some green peas or beans though if you prefer.
Put down that phone and think about a home Stir Fry! On those nights that you’re itching to order out, save some money (and MSG!) and whip up some Stir Fry at home. This Vegan Gluten Free Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry is so yummy, you won’t even miss the greasy take-out!
The magic is in the sauce for this recipe, so don’t scrimp on high quality ingredients.
Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry Vegan Gluten Free
For the sauce
- 1 tsp large "knob" of fresh ginger or more to your taste grated finely
- 4 cloves garlic you can use less if you are not as much of a garlic-lover as I am, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses rich in iron and other minerals
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu cut into bite sized cubes
ADD after tofu sauteed
- 1 bunch green onions cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Next, cut up 2 blocks extra firm tofu into bite-size cubes. Dump the tofu into the bowl of sauce and let it marinade at least 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. Add the tofu and sauce and Saute for 15 minutes and the tofu is heated through and nicely browned. (At this point you could add peas or other veggies to cook through.)
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and the diced green onion into the wok with the sauteed tofu, mix, and let the whole mixture simmer 5 minutes until all the flavors are melded and everything is carmelized and delicious.
- Serve with rice.