I don’t know about you but I love Asian cooking! This recipe for a Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry is so tasty! We love the tofu with the sauce so much! You could add some green peas or beans though if you prefer.
Put down that phone and think about a home Stir Fry! On those nights that you’re itching to order out, save some money (and MSG!) and whip up some Stir Fry at home. This Vegan Gluten Free Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry is so yummy, you won’t even miss the greasy take-out!
The magic is in the sauce for this recipe, so don’t scrimp on high quality ingredients.
Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry Vegan Gluten Free
This recipe for a Tofu Ginger Sesame Stir Fry is so tasty!
For the sauce
- 1 tsp large "knob" of fresh ginger or more to your taste grated finely
- 4 cloves garlic you can use less if you are not as much of a garlic-lover as I am, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses rich in iron and other minerals
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu cut into bite sized cubes
ADD after tofu sauteed
- 1 bunch green onions cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Next, cut up 2 blocks extra firm tofu into bite-size cubes. Dump the tofu into the bowl of sauce and let it marinade at least 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. Add the tofu and sauce and Saute for 15 minutes and the tofu is heated through and nicely browned. (At this point you could add peas or other veggies to cook through.)
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and the diced green onion into the wok with the sauteed tofu, mix, and let the whole mixture simmer 5 minutes until all the flavors are melded and everything is carmelized and delicious.
- Serve with rice.
Nutritional values are based on one serving
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg
this looks so good
anne conover says
I’m new to your site and loving it! I am doing the Arbonne 30 day Fit Challenge so I will be visiting your site a lot! Question though: If eliminating soy from diet, tofu would be a no-no, correct?
Hi Anne! Yes…tofu is a no-no when eliminating soy 🙂 Drop us a comment how the 30 day Fit Challenge with Arbonne is going.
regina m says
this looks so good thanks!!!!!
Lisa LaRocco says
I love stir fry cooking–it is so healthy! This recipe with the high quality ingredients is super,super healthy–and so yummy!
Linda S Moore says
I have never used tofu but will try this. I love stir fry and this sounds good and looks easy to make. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
I’m not a fan of tofu but I still think this looks and sounds super tasty! Instead of tofu I’d put portobello mushrooms as I’m addicted to shrooms.
I totally believe you about not scrimping on the sauce and that it’s usually the magic ingredient, especially for Asian stir fries! This looks delicious! I love the copious amount of garlic and ginger! What a burst of flavor! Also loving the inclusion of the sugar snap peas! Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Elena K. says
I’ve heard that gluten isn’t very good for me either, so I was looking for good recipes! This one seems interesting, though I have picky tastes, but I’ll try it! 🙂
tiffany dover says
Oh wow. I’m so hungry after reading this post. I NEED to make this!
Sandy Cain says
This sounds great. I just picked up some tofu yesterday (firm, not extra-firm though). Still I’m going to fix this later, thanks!
½” knob of fresh garlic, grated finely….Should be “Ginger”, right?
Sounds like an amazing recipe!!
OMG Gina, thanks. Yes Ginger….changing it now 🙂
Great flavors, I don’t remember seeing blackstrap molasses in a stir fry recipe before. You are posting appealing recipes faster than I can try them. Good thing recipes do not get stale.
Glad you like the flavors Charj! I had to laugh because I thought I wasn’t posting enough recipes…lol
So good. I’m keeping just a tad ahead of you 😉
annie page says
LOOKS GOOD AND SOUNDS GOOD BUT SOMETHING ABOUT TOFU TURNS ME OFF yOUR RECEIPTS SOUND GOOD IF i WAS A VEGEN