Gluten free frosted brownies are to die for!!
I recently tried Pillsbury’s Refrigerated Cookie Dough and was excited when I found Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix in the baking aisle. I couldn’t wait to get it home and give it a try. My family loves brownies but every once in a while I like to make them extra special. I was happy to find that Betty Crocker’s frosting was gluten free.
The mix contains mini chocolate chips and seemed to be finer than a traditional brownie mix but mixed up as easily as any other box mix. The cooking time recommended on the box was spot on and these brownies were super delicious. I will be buying this mix again and found the price to be very comparable with other specialty mixes on the market. I want to tell you that these Brownies didn’t make it thru the night and had a delicious chocolaty taste and you couldn’t even tell a difference in the texture of the brownie. Here is what you will need.
Gluten Free Frosted Brownies Recipe below:
Tempting Tuesday's Recipe: Gluten Free Frosted Brownies
- Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- Vanilla Frosting with sprinkles
- Baking Pearl Candies Gluten Free
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Prepare Brownie Mix according to the directions on the box.
- Spread in greased 8x8 pan, top with pearl candies.
- There is no need to push down as they will sink into the brownies while cooking.
- Cook for 28-31 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If you want to color your frosting you can add a few drops of natural food coloring to 1/2 cup frosting.
- Once brownies are cool, frost and top with sprinkles.
- Slice and serve.
If you local grocer doesn’t have this mix in stock you can get it at Amazon by clicking the link below:
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.