This Dark Chocolate Dreams Flourless Cake Recipe is very yummy and wow does it satisfy my chocolate craving! It is extremely rich with chocolate flavor but it is not as sweet as you would think. So adding a dollop of dairy-free ice cream or topping helps tone the chocolate down. You could make this cake completely dairy-free by using non-dairy butter such as Earth Balance. And of course it is gluten free with no flour!
Check out the photos of how to make this cake, the recipe follows the photos. Enjoy.
Dark Chocolate Dreams Flourless Cake Recipe
Dark Chocolate Dreams Flourless Cake
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting pan
- 1 cup 2 sticks of butter or Vegan Earth Balance
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 12 onz bag of semisweet chocolate chips ( I used dairy-free Enjoy Life )
- 8 large eggs organic at room temperature
- Iced Topping of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly butter or spray your baking dish then dust with unsweetened cocoa powder
- Using a Double Boiler - boil your water and in the top dish melt butter, peanut butter and salt until well blended. Turn off heat, then add the chocolate chips to the butter & peanut butter mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using an electric blender, mix your eggs for 3 - 5 minutes or until volume doubles
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped eggs into the chocolate-peanut butter mixture
- Gradually add the rest of the eggs until all the eggs are mixed well into the chocolate-peanut butter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake 25 minutes or until the middle of the cake is springy.
- Cut and serve immediately with dairy less ice cream.
Calories: 5170kcal | Carbohydrates: 104g | Protein: 175g | Fat: 477g | Saturated Fat: 182g | Cholesterol: 1797mg | Sodium: 5070mg | Potassium: 3889mg | Fiber: 30g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 7575IU | Calcium: 474mg | Iron: 15.8mg