I love fruit and when I saw this recipe for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce it just made my mouth water!
Then to combine pears with raspberries takes this recipe over the top for me. You can serve this fancy for the holidays, by straining the sauce and serving it as in the photo above or serve it plain as below! But really what is plain about this! YUM!
For you Vegans be sure to substitute maple syrup or Agave for the honey.
Recipe for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce:
Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
- 4 medium sized Pears
- 6 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup divided 2 Tbsps and 4 Tbsps
- 2 Tbsps Vanilla
- 2 cups frozen Raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Poached Pears
- Fill a 3 1/2 Qt Saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a Boil
- While the water is boiling, peel pears and set aside.
- When water comes to a boil,stir in vanilla and 2 Tbsps honey.
- Place pears in water and bring water back to a boil.
- Reduce Heat and simmer until pears are tender. Be careful that they don't get too soft.
- Gently remove from liquid and place on cutting board. Slice in half and remove stem and seeds.
- Place halves on serving platter or individual plates, top with Raspberry Sauce and Serve!
- While Pears are cooking, make Raspberry Sauce below.
- Raspberry Sauce
- In small saucepan combine Raspberries and 4 Tbsp Honey.
- Cook over medium heat until just boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine Cornstarch and water in a small cup and mix completely.
- Pour into Raspberry Mixture and cook over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir while cooking.
- Serve Raspberry Sauce over Poached Pears