Looking for an easy drink for summer? Lucky you, that means its warm where you live! Here in Alaska we are still using our wood burning stove every morning to take the chill out of the house! Well I haven’t forgot most of everyone else who has summer and is enjoying it. Here is a delicious recipe for a Paleo, Dairy & Gluten Free Pina Colada Smoothie!
A good Pina Colada is my favorite blended summer drink and if you throw a little rum into the blender, that makes it all that much better! Do you have a favorite summer drink? I’d love to know what it is.
Here is what you will need to make the refreshing non alcoholic Pina Colada Smoothie and then just blend it up, recipe follows.
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh Pineapple chunks
- 2 cup of Coconut Milk canned
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup Pure
- Juice and zest of half a large Lime
- ½ cup of unsweetened shredded Coconut
- ½ cup of ice if using fresh pineapple
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Protein powder optional
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, pineapple chunks, shredded coconuts, maple syrup, lime zest and juice and the protein powder (if using).
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes if using fresh pineapple and blend well. You don’t need ice cubes, if using frozen pineapples.
- Pour it into serving glasses.
- Sprinkle more shredded coconut in each glass and serve immediately.