Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
This Molten Chocolate Lava Cake recipe is perfect because It’s not that easy to find a really delicious gluten free dessert recipe.
This cake is SO decadent and rich, you never even realize that it’s gluten free or dairy free.
There are 2 steps to this molten lava cake recipe – the first is to create the liquid-y center. You’ll want to do that ahead of time because it needs to chill in the freezer for a couple hours before you bake it.
For the molten center:
- 2 oz dark baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (light coconut milk, or even what you’d put on your cereal works fine here)
For the cake:
- 1 dark chocolate bar – the darker the better
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Prepare the molten center first. To do this, melt the chocolate over the stove or in a microwave. Add the coconut milk and stir slowly, until everything is dissolved and mixed together. Place in a covered bowl in the freezer for 2 hours, until very firm.
2. When the molten center has been in the freezer for at least an hour and a half, start making the cake batter. Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar on medium for 5 minutes.
3. While the eggs and sugar are beating, melt the dark chocolate bar and the coconut oil either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once the chocolate mixture is completely combined, slowly pour it into the egg mixture and mix together.
4. Fold in the 1/4 cup cocoa powder until you get a batter-like consistency.
5. Bake in a 400° oven 13-15 minutes in a greased muffin tin. You may want to use cupcake papers, but it’s not necessary.
This Chocolate Lava Cake is best served warm, right out of the oven!