I was asked by Pillsbury to try a cookie recipe with their Gluten Free Cookie Dough. What a fun thing to be asked! All thoughts and comments are my own though. As most of you know, I have had to change my eating habits and give up gluten for medical reasons. I have been gluten-free for a few years now. Every time I crave a “real” cookie or donut and give in eating the “gluten” version, I am sick for the next few days. It has been challenging to cook at home, finding recipes that really are tasty and have the mouth feel that everyone who has given up gluten misses. My grandson also is very gluten intolerant, so my daughter-in-law will be happy to know about Pillsbury’s new Gluten Free Mixes! She can use them to easily whip up great snacks for school that are great tasting!
I am so glad that there is a Pillsbury Gluten Free Site! Pillsbury is making it very easy to cook gluten-free at home. They have recently rolled out 3 types of dough that are available in most grocery stores in the refrigerated section.
- I have used their pie and pastry dough which is wonderful!
- I have not yet used their pizza dough.
- I just tried the Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough …….to make these Peanut Chocolate Chip Burst Cookies! Oh my goodness, they are so easy and yummy! My husband ate some and said you’d never know these were gluten-free. Then he said – you hit these out of the ballpark! He took them to work because he said he’d eat them all himself! I couldn’t have made these warm, gooey cookies without Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough! See my cookie recipe below:
Peanut Chocolate Chip Burst Cookie Recipe for Pillsbury
The Pillsbury GF Cookie Dough that I found in our grocer was a chocolate chip dough. Chocolate Chip Cookies are so fabulous but I wanted to kick it up a notch. I thought why not add a bit of a peanut butter burst in the center of the cookie? This recipe makes a slightly crispy outside with a definite chunks of chocolate and when you bite into it, there is a soft smooth peanut butter burst with the crunch of the crispy cookie and chocolate chips outside. I know you will love them, we did. This recipe made 20 large cookies.
What you will need:
1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and here are the ingredients of this dough:
Brown Sugar, Rice Flour, Semisweet Chocolate Chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural flavor), Water, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sugar, Corn Starch, Modified Potato Starch. Contains 2% or Less of: Eggs, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavor.
Bowl of sugar for dusting uncooked cookies
Peanut Butter Filling: Blend the following ingredients below with electric beaters and set aside.
3/4 cup creamy style peanut butter
2/3 heaping cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Putting the recipe together:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
I used parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
1. Mix the Peanut Butter filling.
2. Take 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter filling and roll into small balls…set them aside.
3. Take about a Tablespoon of the Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, roll it and then flatten it in your hand. Place a peanut butter filling ball on top of the cookie dough you flattened in your hand.
4. Gently pull the cookie dough around the peanut butter ball filling. Then roll it again gently in your hand into a ball. Place in bowl of sugar to dust the unbaked cookie and place it on the parchment paper on your cookie sheet. Repeat for each cookie. I flatted each cookie with a fork but you can leave it round if you wish.
5. Bake 12 minutes in the middle of the oven. Remove to cool and enjoy!
Pillsbury has other great recipes on Pinterest!