Garlic Curry Tilapia,Tomatoes Vinaigrette
Flavored Rice and Lentils
Tilapia is such a mild fish and fairly firm in texture. I enjoy eating it when I run out of our local salmon and halibut we have stored for winter. But this recipe would be just as good with any white meat fish such as halibut. I also love lentils; they are a great addition to rice.
Gwen is sharing this recipe with us. She uses Wildtree’s spices but any spice would work or you could make your own. I brought back a lot of Curries from an Indian shop in NYC so I am anxious to try this recipe.
Tempting Tuesday's Recipe: Garlic Curry Tilapia with Tomatoes Vinaigrette
A flavorsome fish dish!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lbs of Tilapia fresh is best because it tends to not fall apart.
- Garlic Curry Blend
- 3 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Mustard Powder
- Medium Lemon
- 1 cup uncooked Rice
- 1 cup uncooked Lentils
- 3-4 cups Grape Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Bouillon
- Rinse Rice and Lentils and place in Rice Cooker with water as directed. Add 2 TBSP Chicken Bouillon. Cook as directed.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Rinse Tilapia and place on baking sheet with edges
- Squeeze Lemon Juice on each piece of Tilapia (1/2 a lemon should do)
- Sprinkle Garlic Curry Powder on Fish and spread over tilapia.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes
- While fish is baking, cut the grape tomatoes in quarters.
- In small bowl combine oil, vinegar, dash of salt,dash of pepper, and Italian Seasoning
- Mix ingredients well and add tomatoes, toss gently to coat.
- When fish is done baking, serve over rice with tomatoes
Nutritional values are based on one serving
Calories: 661kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 1615mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 6.8mg
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.
When Tilapia is done baking, serve over rice with tomatoes