Do you love Risotto? This simple Instant Pot recipe will give you a creamy comfort food dinner of Sage Risotto! This is even a Vegan recipe if you sub vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Risotto is made with rice, so this is also gluten free. The avocado oil used makes all the difference as it lends a very buttery flavor to the dish.
I am partial to one type of Instant Pot…check out my IP review here. Then check out the photos on how easy this recipe is to make. Recipe follow the photos. Enjoy.
Recipe for Instant Pot Sage Risotto:
Instant Pot Sage Risotto
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups quality chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of squash pieces honestly, cooked or raw, either will work fine as long as the pieces are small, I use whatever I happen to have on hand.
- 1 cup of onions
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to preference
- a few leaves of fresh sage
- Finely chop the onions and sauté in the instant pot along with the salt, pepper and oil using the Sauté setting. *Be sure to fully cook and then brown the onions to ensure a smooth finished flavor. When the onions are done, add in the risotto and continue to sauté for a few minutes before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
- Set the lid to the lock position
- Select the Manual setting for 7 minutes.
- At the end of the cook time carefully use quick release (QR) on the pot to release the rest of the steam.
- Stir the risotto and squash together for a creamy and smooth texture and serve.