I love Indian cuisine and this book has restorative recipes that highlight a specific spice and how it helps heal. How cool is that? This recipe focuses on Turmeric which has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. It can heal your gut but did you know you need to not use pepper then?
Here is the yummy Indian Quinoa Pilaf Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, washed and rinsed
- 12 ounces green beans, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup cilantro, washed
- Heat olive oil in 4 quart pan over medium heat and stir in green beans. Sauté the green beans for a minute then add garlic. Sauté for another couple minutes then add 1/2 salt. Cook another couple minutes.
- Toss in the uncooked quinoa, ginger, bay leaf, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin, coriander powders and sauté until the quinoa is coated well with seasoning.
- Pour in the water and season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Bring mixture to slow boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover post and cook on simmer for 20 minutes.
- When done cooking add the lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
I got this amazing recipe from The Ingredients Matter: India book, make sure if you love it you go check her out. You can buy the book from my amazon affiliate below.