It’s that most glorious, succulent time of year, Peach Season and Peach Sorbet Recipe Time!
Peaches are in full season right now, and even if you don’t live in an area that traditionally grows peaches, you should still be able to find some delicious peaches at local farmer’s markets.
- Here's what you'll need:
- 6-8 ripe peaches peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- the juice of 1/2 lemon about 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prep the peaches. Peel them, remove the pits, and give them a few chops of the knife. Set peaches aside in a bowl and spritz the lemon juice on top.
- In a medium saucepan, boil 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Stir constantly. Boil 1 minute, and add the peaches. Return to boiling for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a blender, blend the whole mixture for a moment or two. I like my sorbet with chunks of peaches, so I don't blend too much, but if you like a smoother consistency, blend more.
- Prepare in an ice cream maker according to the machine's directions.
Recipe Bio: I’m Sarah White, Owner of Mindfully Frugal Mom, and I believe passionately that eating natural foods does not have to break the bank. I devote my time to creating a healthy lifestyle for my family while saving money. In my limited spare time I can be found having dance parties to musical theater with my 2 preschoolers.
I hope you have a chance to make this yummy Peach Sorbet.
If you are in need of an ice cream maker you can get a really good price on one below: