Cranberry sauce is a staple on our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table. Instead of the canned, jelly type cranberry sauce, why not use this Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce recipe this year? It’s surprisingly easy to make and it’s a real crowd pleaser. Whether you’re hosting the holiday at your house this year or going as a guest, this Thanksgiving side dish is a perfect addition to your thanksgiving spread. You can also kick it up a notch by adding some orange essence by adding 1 tsp of orange zest and a dash of cloves.
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz. package of cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Rinse berries and remove stems
- In a medium saucepan, bring berries and water to a boil
- Once all berries have popped open, add sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.