This recipe for grilled stuffed zucchini is so easy to make, and sure to be a family favorite!
Doesn’t it seem like there is always too much Zucchini in late summer? I love making zucchini boats for dinner, because it is an easy way to use up a LOT of zucchini at once! Plus, they’re easy to make and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Perfect for weeknights!
Zucchini is also a wonderful vegetable for those who are watching their waistlines! It is extremely low in calories but is a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin C. Even if you’re starting to feel a little tired of SO.MUCH.ZUCCHINI, you’ll want to try this recipe!
It’s amazing how delicious and easy to make zucchini boats are. To make them extra special, you can add a bit of non-dairy cheese to the top. The brand Follow Your Heart makes a yummy dairy-free cheese to try.
Additionally, make sure you check out all of my gluten-free bread recipes. For this recipe, my Gluten-Free Oat Bread would be the perfect choice to use to make the breadcrumbs for your Zucchini boats.
Grilled Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini cut lengthwise and with the middle scooped out (I used a small melon baller)
- 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 crushed basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange all 8 halves of the zucchini on a large baking sheet. Brush each with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle on crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the diced tomatoes on top of each zucchini, and top with breadcrumbs.
- Grill on medium for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add fresh basil leaves before serving Grilled Stuffed Zucchini.
Follow my adventures as Mindfully Frugal Mom on Facebook or Twitter, or check out my healthy recipes on Pinterest.
I hope you enjoy this great way to use Zucchini!