One way to get your morning greens and a delicious breakfast is to add Kale to citrus and other fruits for a wonderful breakfast smoothie! I love the ease of whipping up a nutritious breakfast like this Kale Orange Creamsicle Smoothie, and its so yummy!
Kale Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Breakfast Drink!
Kale Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
Did you enjoy the photos above showing how to put this smoothie together? Nothing like fresh fruit and fresh frozen berries with coconut oil to make a wonderful creamsicle taste! An easy way to get your kids or grandkids to eat more veggies too!
Kale Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 small bunch of purple kale
- 1 small orange or clementine
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- dash of warm water
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender at the same time. I find rinsing the frozen berries under warm water helps in breaking everything down a little faster. Blend until completely smooth about 1-2 minutes depending the strength of the blender.
- The combination of the citrus mixed with the super sweet raw honey and tropical element with the coconut oil works perfectly to create a surprisingly creamsicle like flavor. This is a total hit in our house!