This delicious and easy garlic broccoli recipe is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. Double it to easily feed a crowd!
Do you have kids that hate to eat their Broccoli? They try this jazzed up recipe! I happen to be one of the lucky ones who could eat cruciferous veggies anytime! But this easy lemony, garlicky flavor sure adds some zip.
Garlic Broccoli (recipe modified from big oven)
Garlic Broccoli Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tsp lemon peel grated
- 2 lb broccoli stalks discarded, crowns cut into florets
- ½ cup water
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add garlic and lemon peel and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat. Add ½ cup water.
- Cover skillet and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and water has cooked away, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
My DIL is a fabulous cook and shares many of her recipes. This recipe is provided by Becky Fowler (DIL) who cooks dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free for her son. Becky has 2 small children and loves to sew and crochet in her spare time and can be found at Sew Need It. You can request specific items you would like sewn or crocheted for yourself, friends or family gifts!