It is so nice to find great dessert recipes that are dairy free and gluten free! These Brownies would be great for Memorial Day gatherings. These Black Bean Brownies are a delicious and nutritious twist to a traditional chocolate brownie. They are dairy free and gluten free!
Flourless Black Bean Brownies Recipe
You might be nervous about baking with black beans, but don’t be, they have a very mild flavor and are extremely rich, creamy, and full of protein. I can’t even tell that beans are used when an ingredient for brownies. You can also boost the flavor of your brownie with essential oils such as Peppermint or Wild Orange. Photos here take you through making the brownies and the recipe is at the end of the photos. Enjoy!
Black Bean Brownies
- 15 oz can black beans drained, and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 drops Peppermint essential oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chunks divided ( I use Enjoy Life Dairy Free chocolate chips and chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and cut into pieces. Store in refrigerator.
Amazon Shopping List