Cooking Techniques and Recipes with Olive Oil Review
If you are anything like me, I have been trying to cook more healthfully which includes healthful oils. When I was offered the opportunity to review a cookbook all about Recipes with Olive Oil, I thought what could be better?
How often have you been at the store looking a bottles of olive oil and not know which one to buy? How many times have wished you had more uses for that expensive extra virgin oil you purchased other than a salad dressing or sautéing up a quick dish? COOKING TECHNIQUES AND RECIPES WITH OLIVE OIL by Mary Platis and Laura Bashar, provides the answers. You will get easy yet detailed techniques for poaching, braising, marinating, infusing, and baking with olive oil along with conversion charts and references.
- Rosemary-Garlic Lamb Chops with Mashed Potatoes and Artichokes
- Tuna with Citrus and Avocado Salad
- Figs with Muscato Grapes
- Greek Style Vegetables with Tomatoes
- Beef Stew with Root Vegetables
- Chicken Kabobs with Cucumber-Mint Barley
- Sockeye Salmon with Spinach and Beet Greens
- Stuffed Grape Leaves with Brown Rice, Kale and Fresh Herbs
- Whole Wheat Scones with Blueberries and Lavender
- Olive Oil Almond Cookies with Rosewater and Cardamom
- Kalamata Olive Bread with Rosemary
- Olive Oil and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Watermelon Shooters with Persia Mint Syrup an Olive Oil
Check out this great recipe for Dark Chocolate Olive Oil Cake with Strawberries
You can purchase this Cookbook:
md kennedy says
Looks like a great book – does it speak to frying with olive oil as well?