Cinnamon Almond Granola Recipe
This delicious Granola Recipe is sure to help you in your New Year, healthy eating plan. There are countless ways to enjoy this granola such as in your favorite yogurt, on top of a smoothie, or even to eat on its own. You could even use it in a recipe for cobbler topping. The Cinnamon essential oil adds a nice flavor and spice to the granola that will keep you going back for more.
This recipe is Gluten Free and Vegan. Enjoy!
What you need:
4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free old fashioned oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1.5 cups sliced almonds ( I like to grind whole natural almond in chunks in my blender )
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
4. Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into a large metal pan and put into oven.
6. I bake the granola about 6 hours or until dry.
7. After 2 hours in oven, add dried cherries and cranberries.
8. Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
9. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
10. Store in airtight container.