Cinnamon Almond Granola Recipe
This delicious Granola Recipe is sure to help you in your New Year, healthy eating plan. There are countless ways to enjoy this granola such as in your favorite yogurt, on top of a smoothie, or even to eat on its own. You could even use it in a recipe for cobbler topping. The Cinnamon essential oil adds a nice flavor and spice to the granola that will keep you going back for more.
This recipe is Gluten Free and Vegan. Enjoy!
What you need:
4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free old fashioned oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1.5 cups sliced almonds ( I like to grind whole natural almond in chunks in my blender )
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
4. Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into a large metal pan and put into oven.
6. I bake the granola about 6 hours or until dry.
7. After 2 hours in oven, add dried cherries and cranberries.
8. Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
9. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
10. Store in airtight container.
The cinnamon almond granola recipe sounds so yummy! I am pinning so I can make it for Christmas.
Thanks and thanks for pinning!!
Tamra Phelps says
The dried cherries and cranberries are a nice addition. The sweet and tart would be good.
Thanks! yes they add just the right amount of tartness with the sweet.
Yummy!! This sounds like a delicious and healthy granola recipe! Granola is definitely one of my favorite snacks but I have never made it myself before. I bet it is even better! Thanks for sharing!
Amber Ludwig says
Yummo!! I love that you included cinnamon essential oil to the recipe!! Sounds seriously fabulous as a yogurt topper or just out of the container!
Deborah D says
This sounds awesome. I can’t wait to make it.
John Thuku says
This looks so delicioius. I love almond. I can’t wait to try this.
This sounds yummy! Thank you for this recipe.
Im going to make these for my solider overseas! He loves my homemade baked goods, and I will have more experience as a baker 🙂