Pizza is something most everyone misses when they have to eat gluten free! I have a yummy recipe for a Vegan & Gluten Free pizza made with a cauliflower crust! Cauliflower crusts are the thing right now, making a recipe low carb and healthy.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Being a vegan recipe also, those of you who are going dairy free can enjoy this recipe guilt free! This recipe uses Trader Joe’s dairy free cheese but Daiya would work just as well.
Here is a photo of what you will need and be sure to check out the recipe following.
Here is a photo of the Cauliflower Crust only:
Recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza:
Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Pizza
- One head cauliflower
- 1 c. Vegan shredded cheese mozzarella style (I like Daiya but Trader Joe's is good too)
- One egg
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. Pizza Sauce
- Choice of toppings peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, etc
- In a food processor, chop the cauliflower into fine pieces.
- Microwave the cauliflower in a bowl for about 7-10 minutes until soft. Pour the cauliflower onto a towel, wrap tightly, and wring out excess moisture from the cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, stir 2 cups cauliflower (it may not take the whole head), ½ c. of cheese (save the other ½ for topping), and one egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the “pizza dough” mixture evenly onto a pizza pan or pizza stone. Sprinkle garlic on top. Bake the pizza dough at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and the moisture in the center looks evaporated (the edges will begin to look toasted and crispy).
- Allow to cool for about ten minutes. Add the pizza sauce and your favorite toppings. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the pizza to cool significantly before slicing. Some vegan cheese brands need time to cool after cooking so that the crust can completely bind.