These vegan-gluten-free waffles are a great breakfast alternative to a family favorite. They taste like regular waffles, just top with your favorite treat!
I hope you like waffles as much as I do! I found this Vegan and Gluten-Free recipe that is fabulous and actually tastes like waffles. I have used two different types of waffle irons. I find that the Belgium Waffle iron does not cook this recipe enough..it comes out a bit gooy in the middle so the traditional smaller toothed waffle iron works super for this recipe. I make a double batch and freeze the left overs which last a couple weeks for me. I eat waffles for breakfast maybe three times a week! I take them out of the freezer and put them in my regular toaster..it may take 2 toastings but it tastes just as good frozen straight to the toaster as it does made fresh. I serve these waffles topped with peanut butter and applesauce, peanut butter and maple syrup or fruit thickened with tapioca. Mmmmm
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 8 onz 1 cup tofu
- 1 Tbs frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oatmeal
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron to the highest setting.
- Use a powerful blender and add all ingredients and mix for 1 minute.
- Pour onto HOT non-stick waffle iron. (sometimes I lightly grease the grill for the first batch of waffles)
Here’s to Health! Colleen