This time a year I use my slow cooker all the time. This Slow Cooker Candied Nuts recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. I will do anything to make the holidays a bit easier, especially when it comes to cooking. My good friend Gwen actually taught me the recipe below. You can pop these in your slow cooker on the morning of a party and your work is done. I love candied nuts!
Slow Cooker Candied Nuts
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Dark Brown Sugar (if you only have light it is okay to substitute)
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Almonds (approximately 1 pound by weight)
- 1 cup Pecans or Walnuts (I used a mix of what I had leftover from other recipes)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Turn Slow Cooker on low.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- In Large Bowl, combine sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well, making sure to completely blend all ingredients together.
- In Medium bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla together.
- When egg mixture is frothy add almonds and coat completely.
- Combine almonds with sugar mixture and combine until all the almonds are covered.
- Pour into Slowcooker and add pecans/walnuts. Mix into almond mixture.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to keep almonds from sticking.
- After 3 hours,pour water into slow cooker and combine completely with almonds.
- When done cooking, remove and place on flat baking stones to cool.
- Spread out to ensure almonds aren’t clumped together.
- These are delicious when they are warm or cold.
- Serve right away or store in covered container until ready to eat.
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.
Have you ever made nuts in a slow cooker?