I love home-made Refrigerator Dill Pickles! I know what I am getting and can control the amount of heat and acidity in them. I grow my own cucumbers in our greenhouse and pickle them. But you can pick up special pickling cucumbers at a farmers market or try growing them yourself. They are so easy to grow – I have even grown them in my sunny bathroom windows and wound them on hangers on the ceiling!
When you slice your cucumbers, you can slice them in rounds as I did or make spears or then long slices that fit your jars.
I’d love to know what you think of this recipe for Dill Pickles, leave a comment.
Refrigerator Dill Pickle Recipe:
Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- 8 cups sliced pickling cucumbers
- 2 large white onions large slices
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp Pickling Spice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- In large bowl, combine cucumbers and onions.
- In medium Sauce Pan combine the remaining ingredients.
- Heat to a boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Pour over pickles
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 days.
- After 4 days serve and enjoy.